Friday, August 13, 2010

Tobago Cocoa Estate! ... Finally!

That was so great! And Mr. Dove was lovely - he answered all my questions, humoured me while I rambled on and on about every cocoa related thing that flew in and out of my head all while maintaining his warm and charming demeanour. Maybe I should study some hospitality - and maybe then people would stop running away...

Anywho, I learnt soooo much. My Ecole Chocolat studies definitely came in handy when discussing cocoa growth, plant varieties, diseases etc. And it was cool that I had met with the super nice folks at the CRU in UWI before so
Mr.Dove was able to put things into context as to who(m?) I should be contacting for which stage. Even though I'm reading all the literature I can get my hands on, nothing can replace seeing the real process in action. I can't wait to come
back after the next harvest to see the fermentation and drying first hand. Assuming I'm not busy processing my own super-micro-mini batch of Delft Cacao!

Now to see how much I can remember before it all slips out of my head... hmm.. maybe some pictures might jog my memory...

1 comment:

  1. Waaaay cool. Next trip, the club will definitely be there.

    ReplyDelete